Funny Persuasive Speech - How To Do It
A funny persuasive speech is one that aims to get your audience to take action. It is often a persuasive emotional speech and covers speech ideas like:
* Abortion * AIDS * Animal Welfare * Body Piercings * Church State Issues * Dieting * Euthenasia * Fraud * Gambling * Gay Marriage * Global Warming * Human Cloning * Illegal Drugs & Steriods * Iraq War * Marriage and Divorce * Organ Donation * Politics * Recycling * Religion * Smoking * Student Debt * Terrorism * Vaccinations
It is not always appropriate to be funny in the speech, but used carefully it can bring cheer to some heavy topics.
Here's an example of a quip to put in a funny persuasive speech:
"You don't realise how lucky you are until you get married - then it's too late!"
"I offered to donate blood, but they said they could not afford to filter it to get the alcohol out of it!"
"Please God - send Superman" (from the Simpsons)
"Human cloning - imagine two of me ... oh heck, my wifes just fainted!"
The core of funny persuasive speech is to give over an argument for or against a particluar topic and convince the audience that they should agree with you.
The audience is the key. You need to make sure you get them on your side quickly and support the funny speech with facts and examples.
To make your speech compelling to your audience, you should create an exciting title. Here are some examples of persuasive speech idea titles:
* The case for organ donation * The need for recycling * Why the death penalty should be abolished * The need for gun control * The dangers of taking illegal steroids * How to pay off your credit card
When making the funny persuasive speech you should:
1) Engage with your audience - make eye contact and be open with your body language
2) Keep to the facts - facts will convince your audience
3) Use plenty of examples to illustrate your points
4) Be funny where it is appropriate
5) Encourage debate - if you can get other audience members on your side, you can persuade the majority
6) Be passionate about the persuasive speech idea - if you aren't then your audience won't be either
Be confident and you can begin to encourage your audience to follow your funny persuasive speech.
Search the web for 'funny persuasive speech':
Return To The Speech Preparation And Planning Page